If your business has more than one location, you are probably also managing multiple pages on Facebook. If so, we are thrilled to introduce you to Facebook Locations! Let’s take a look at why it is not only more efficient, but will also lead to more accurate targeting, if you create and manage your business’s Facebook pages using this option (rather than owning separate pages).
What Is It?
Facebook Locations allows you to create and manage separate location pages for each of your storefronts and connect them to your main brand page on Facebook. This free tool lets you add new store pages, edit information for one or all of your existing stores, and fully manage your locations in one central place. With this tool, it becomes easier to promote separate business locations to specific local audiences.
How Do You Get Started?
Before you can create your first Facebook Location page, you will need to set up locations for your main business page. To do so, login to Business Manager and select “Business Locations” under “Assets,” or go HERE.
Next, select the main Facebook page for your business from the drop-down menu in the upper-left corner. Click “Get Started”!
Note: If your main page has an address, you will receive a warning message when you try to add locations. Facebook set up this tool to where it views your main page as your overarching brand, and your location pages as child pages. As a result, it won’t allow you to have a physical address listed on your main page. If your main page does have an address, you can instead use this address as a location page.
Once your main page is ready to go, click “Add Locations” to set up your first Facebook locations page. Next, you will see three options to continue with the setup:
- Manually type an address (recommended for 10 or less business locations).
- Upload a CSV file using a template Facebook provided (recommended for bulk upload). Go HERE for information on formatting the spreadsheet.
- Migrate an existing page into Location Manager. Choose this option if you already have established Facebook pages for your storefronts and want to turn them into location pages!
If you choose to manually add your locations, fill in the following limited details about your location and click save. The rest of the information (profile and cover images, “About” info, “Details” section) will be automatically populated from your main page.
To verify that all relevant information was populated onto your new location page (or to edit the information to be more location-specific), navigate to your main Facebook page and click “Settings.” Scroll down to select “Locations” in the left sidebar. Select the location you want to view.
What Pieces Should be Location-Specific?
In the “About” section, add details about this specific store or office. Make sure to include:
- Phone number
- Opening hours
- Website address
Consider adding details that are specific to this location. The more personable and location-specific you make the child page, the more appealing it will be to the local audience. In addition, each of your location pages should contain custom local content and link to the relevant web pages for that particular store.
Why Should You Use Facebook Location Pages?
There are many reasons why creating location pages under a main brand page is a smarter option than having separate pages. Here are our top four:
- First and foremost, the ease and efficiency of creating and managing all of your pages make this choice a clear winner! You won’t have to start from scratch every time you need a new page. If your main business page is set up properly, additional pages take very little time and effort.
- You can easily share content to all of your location pages from your main page, as well as create and schedule location-specific content that will only go to specified pages.
- This tool makes it much easier for people to search for specific locations of your business. Ultimately, this means that the people you want to find your brand are much more likely to do so!
- Having location pages also makes it easier to build a local audience for each Facebook location page with Facebook Ads. With this tool, you can run local awareness ads to help reach people near your location(s) and drive foot traffic, calls, website visits, and brand awareness.
To Sum It Up…
You have enough on your plate with running your business; you don’t need the hassle of creating and managing disparate Facebook pages for all of your locations and storefronts. Facebook Locations will help you save time and effort while also growing your local audience.
If you are still confused by how to convert your brand to location pages (or simply want someone to handle it for you), we are always happy to help! Send us a message at [email protected] to set up a free consultation!